The Most Common Washing Machine Repairs
According to PartSelect, which sells parts for appliances, lawn equipment and electronic devices, the most common complaints by customers about their washing machines include noise (27%) and leaking (25%). Other defects were considered very minor. The needed parts can be determined based on the symptoms. A list of the more common symptoms are given below:
A Noisy Washing Machine
– Pump and Pump Motor: The drain pump pumps water from the washtub before and during the spin cycle. A noise emitted during or after the spin cycle makes a defective pump likely. The solution may, however, be as simple as removing a foreign object from the pump.
– Drive Belt: The drive belt connects the drive motor to the transmission in some top load washers or the drive motor to the wash basket in most front load washers. A squealing noise may mean the belt needs to be replaced.
– Direct Drive Motor Coupling: This coupling transfers power from the motor to the transmission. Most models require removal of the cabinet to access the drive coupler. A vibrating noise may indicate a worn coupling.
– Shock Absorbers: All front-loading washing machines use shock absorbers to reduce tub movement during the spin cycle. The symptom is a loud banging noise. Check both shocks and replace if necessary.
– Tub Dampening Strap: Some top-loading models have tub dampening straps to lessen tub movement during the spin cycle. When worn straps become stretched they may cause loud knocks during the spin cycle. If any of the straps are damaged all four should be replaced.
– Drive Motor: A top load washer uses a main drive motor to operate the transmission, spin the wash basket and, on some models, operate the pump. Humming or buzzing sounds when the washer starts is a common symptom. If the motor doesn’t appear to be worn the start capacitor may be at fault or perhaps loose wire connections or corrosion.
– Drive Motor Pulley: Transmission Pulley and Pump Pulley: A build-up of grease, rubber compound or dirt on these pulleys can cause a squealing or thumping sound when the washer is operating.
A Leaking Washing Machine
– Hoses: Washing machines are fitted with various types of hoses, the most common being the drain and fill hoses that cause external leaks. There are also internal hoses that create leaks during the fill cycle.
– Pump: If water is leaking from the tub during the wash or drain cycle check the area of the drain pump. Check for a loose hose clamp or leaking hose first but if the leak comes from the pump it will have to be replaced.
– Tub Cover Gasket: Tub cover gaskets provide a seal between the outer tub and the tub cover. Signs of water leakage or soapy water in this area probably indicates a leaky tub cover gasket.
– Water Inlet Valve: This valve, located on the back of the machine, controls the flow of hot and cold water into it. A leak in the washer’s rear indicates that either the valve is faulty or the inlet hose or hose clamp aren’t secure.
As Steve Ash of PartSelect says, “While a washing machine repair may seem discouraging, millions of our customers have told us it’s actually pretty easy!”
Of course, there are a wide variety of other failures, including but not limited to the failure of electronic parts which may stop a washing machine from working altogether. Unless you possess the skills, training and experience to diagnose the wide variety of washer repair causes, most washing machine owners choose to call a trained technician for help.
Same-day Appliance Repair Services in San Francisco, Marin County, Oakland & The Bay Area
Our experienced appliance repair “Doctors” will take care of all your appliance repair needs quickly and affordably.The Appliance Repair Doctor is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year including Christmas and New Years’ holidays. For quick and affordable repairs on your washer or any other appliance, call The Appliance Repair Doctor today at (888) 462-5488 or Book an appointment online
LG Washer Repair Services
LG washing machines feature advanced energy efficiency options, which can save you time and money. But when your LG washer breaks or stops functioning when you need it most, you can call The Appliance Repair Doctor for same day washer repair in San Francisco and The Bay Area.
Whirlpool Washer Repair Services
Whirlpool’s state of the art washing machine technology makes doing laundry a breeze. If you live in San Francisco or The Bay Area and your Whirlpool washer stops working, call The Appliance Repair Doctor for affordable washing machine repair. Ask us about same day washer repair services.
Maytag Washer Repair Services
The Maytag Washing Machine Company was founded back in 1893 and is still, to this day, viewed as one of the most trusted clothes washers on the market. We offer same day Maytag washer repair in San Francisco and The Bay Area for whenever you need emergency washing machine repair services. We also service Marin County, Oakland, Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, Marin County, and Alameda County.
GE Washing Machine Repair Services
Founded in 1892 by Thomas Edison and Charles Coffin, General Electric has become one of world’s largest and most profitable corporations. Their innovative design and functionality has brought them to the forefront of appliance technology. The Appliance Repair Doctor offers Same-day GE washer repair in San Francisco and the Bay Area. Whenever your washing machine breaks down, you can count on The Doctor for a speedy repair!
Kenmore Washer Repair Services
Kenmore appliances, including clothes washers and dryers, are sold exclusively through Sears and depending on the model number, are manufactured by a variety of companies including Whirlpool, GE and LG. If you bought your Kenmore washer through Sears and are in need of washing machine repair, San Francisco’s Appliance Doctor repair can help.
Samsung Washer Repair Services
A leading technology company from South Korea, Samsung electronics and appliances can be found in many homes around the world. With its great reputation, many consumers look to purchase Samsung appliances including washers. The Appliance Repair Doctor knows Samsung appliances inside and out, so if your washer ever breaks, do not hesitate to call!
Electrolux Washer Repair Services
The world’s second largest appliance manufacturer behind Whirlpool, has been a pioneer in developing home appliances for nearly a century. With its innovative products many homeowners turn to its reliable name for their home appliance needs. If your Electrolux washing machine ever breaks down, The Appliance Repair Doctor is a quick phone call away. With our same-day service we will have your washer up and running in no time!
Frigidaire Washer Repair Services
A pioneer in refrigeration technology for almost 100 years, is currently owned by one of the world’s largest appliance manufacturers, Electrolux. Frigidaire washers provides homeowners the reliability and reputation of its parent company, while being very affordable and innovative. The Appliance Repair Doctor’s Same-day repair service will be able to fix your broken washer before those loads of laundry pile up! Call The Doctor today!!
Other Refrigerator Brands That We Service
In addition to the 7 washer models we’ve highlighted above, The Appliance Repair Doctor also services many other less prevalent brands of washers. Contact The Appliance Repair Doctor, the leader in Bay Area appliance repair, for a free over the phone Washer Repair Estimate in the San Francisco and Bay Area today.
Same Day Washer Service And Repairs In San Francisco, Marin County, Oakland & the rest of the Bay Area.
If you live in the The Bay Area, The Appliance Repair Doctor repair technicians are always in the neighborhood. With same day washer services we will arrive on site soon after you call and get right to fixing your fridge using our well-stocked service vans full of the most common washer repair parts. Call The Appliance Repair Doctor today if you live in any of our washer service & repair San Francisco & Bay Area service regions.